Hello! This post will be about how to level up in BTS Daum fancafe. (edited: 4 Oct 2018)
NOTE: I will NOT help you to translate anything from the questions at all. Nor will I help you translate your answers to Korean. I will only tell you how to submit the form and anything related to the level up process.
Guide: All about Daum fancafe: Link
NOTE: Hello! For those asking me about how to verify account on MelOn, you can google ‘verify MelOn account’, and there will be a website that helps people to verify their account. But you need to pay in order to get your account verified.
Why do we want to level up?
That is because only after we level up, then we can see what BTS post on FROM.BTS(1) and FROM.BTS(2). And you can level up to ARMY I if you have purchased the membership.
1) Do make sure you have your Daum acc. If you don’t have one, please go and create. (tutorial link below)
Tutorial guide: http://daumfancafe.tumblr.com/how
2) After you create your Daum acc, join the fancafe. (tutorial link below)
3) Before attempting the level up questions, please change your settings as follows:
4) To level up, there is only 1 board – 등업신청_정회원. Refer to the picture below.
5) Click on 등업신청_공지. This page will show.
6) Answer the questions in the board: 등업신청_정회원.
Do note that the questions are found in 등업신청_공지 as mentioned above.
You can only apply for level up on the 2nd and 4th week of Friday to Sunday (KST). You will not be able to submit any level up applications on Monday to Thursday (KST). If you cannot apply even if its a Friday, wait a little while more for the staff to open the board.
7) The format for answering is simple, just 1. 2. 3. for the respective questions will do. Be neat and clear. There are a total of 6 questions, so please answer all 6.
8) To post a photo, click on the photo button. You can only upload 1 photo per post/comment. So if you want to add more than 1 photo, you can comment on your own post. Click on ‘답글’ at your own post (top right corner) to comment. To lock your answers, click on the lock button. Picture below:
*DO NOT comment on the BTS_STAFF posts. It will not be counted.*
*For those who cannot upload pictures after clicking on the photo button, you can try changing to another internet browser. If not, you can try using Daum app instead.*
9) Click ‘등록’. Then your answers will be submitted. You can see your own answers even though you locked it, others can’t see it. There will be a ‘비밀’ beside your post, so you can double check if you locked it or not.
10) About 2-3 days after you have submitted your form, you can go to ‘정회원_등업확인’ to check for your post. Both approved and rejected applications will be moved to the same board. Do check what BTS_STAFF has commented on your application. If you did not receive a reply, just wait.
The staff will usually comment why your application got rejected. These are some of the words they may use:
1/2/3/4/5/6번: Question 1/2/3/4/5/6
누락: You did not answer the question.
오답: You answer the question wrongly.
양식 외반: You did not fulfill the requirements for that question.
전체쪽지 받지않음 설정: You did not change your settings to allow 쪽지 to be received. Therefore, please change your settings exactly like the picture in my tutorial.
If you want to double-confirm whether you level-ed up or not, click ‘내 정보’. Refer to the picture below.
Do note that the fancafe staff has changed the icons for the levels. As long as you see ‘정회원’ in your profile, it means you are at level 2.
To check if your post has been processed, go to 정회원_등업확인, then scroll down and click on 내가 쓴글. You’ll find your post. If you did not level up, you will need to attempt the level up questions again. Do not re-submit the form you failed to level up with.
NOTE: After you’ve leveled up, you are free to comment on FROM.BTS, but please observe the rules there. If not, you will be demoted and you have to level up again. Link: http://bts-trans.tumblr.com/post/81683366837/guidelines-on-frombts-board-on-fancafe
1) Do read up about the nickname rules. Ensure you do not have a nickname that is against the rules, or else you won’t be able to level up.
(Nickname rules translation: http://bts-trans.tumblr.com/post/50664997730/fancafe-nickname-regulations-2013-05-16-version)
For complete translation of nickname rules, you can go to Foreign BBS in the fancafe, scroll down and type in ‘nickname rules’ in the search box at the bottom, click the button beside the box to find the post regarding the nickname rules. In addition, Foreign BBS also have translation for the rules for posting on TO.BTS etc so you can have fun exploring around that board to know more about the rules in the fancafe.
2) It’s good to have a MelOn account and their streaming/download pass. Other PAID music sites like Genie, Soribada, Naver etc are fine for music streaming too. Streaming from ONE Korean music site would suffice. A fan mentioned that Apple Music/Spotify Premium is alright too, but to be safe I encourage all to stream from Korean music sites still. You can still try using Apple Music/Spotify Premium, but do ensure all requirements (nickname, length of streaming, like/subscribe etc) are fulfilled.
3) Look at the pictures of MV and music streaming that the BTS_STAFF has posted. So find the one that you require and follow EXACTLY how they do. Do note that details required in both screenshots should be the same (for example, nickname. Ensure both screenshots have the identical nickname. The staff are strict with this.)
4) I heard from others that it is okay to post in simple English, so maybe you can give it a try if you feel that writing your answers in Korean is uncomfortable. But no guarantee that they will accept your answers. So, to be safe, I always recommend to write in Korean.
5) If you have any questions related to the level up process, and you want to ask the BTS_STAFF, you can go to ‘등업질문건의’.
Please read the tutorial carefully, there shouldn’t be any problem if you follow the steps closely. I advise all to read it a few times before asking questions, since the answers to some of your questions can be found in the tutorial if you read it in detail. If you really have a question which the answers are not found in the tutorial, then feel free to comment or DM me.
In addition, you may want to read through the comments other fans have posted below to see if you have the similar problem. I’ve answered those comments already, so maybe the solution to your problem is in one of my comments. 🙂
For further enquiries, you can contact me on Twitter @sammie2923 via DM. However, there are a few things you need to be aware of before contacting me:
- I will NOT help you translate questions and will NOT answer the questions for you.
- DO NOT SPAM.
- Usually I will reply within 12 hours, so if I did not, you can send another DM to remind me.
- Don’t be rude and be clear about what you want to ask!
DO NOT REPOST. PLEASE CREDIT.
Thanks for reading! ^^